It's simple to get up and running with Xero and Joiin.
You start by following a few simple steps to connect your Xero organisation(s) to Joiin - once they're connected you don't need to perform this task again - from that point on your data will be refreshed automatically every 24 hours.
NOTE: You must have Standard (with Reports) or Advisor permissions in Xero to add your Xero organisation.
NOTE: If you have used Xero Single Sign On to sign up to Joiin your first company will be added automatically.
To Connect your Xero Organisation
- Go to the Companies page.
- Click on Add Company and select Connect to Xero.
- If you're not already logged into Xero you'll be taken to the login page of Xero - login with your Xero account details as you normally do. NOTE if you are already logged into Xero under a different account than the one you want to connect to Joiin then you should first log off from Xero before attempting to connect.
- Once logged in you will see the Xero connection screen with a list of the Organisation(s) available to connect to. If you are already connected to one of the organisations it will be greyed out an unavailable for selection. Select the organisation you wish to connect and click on the Continue button.
- Your company will be added and data synchronisation will begin.
- You have the option to connect another company at this point if required - you can connect as many companies as you wish simultaneously (within the limits of your subscription).
- While the data sync is in progress you will see a message on the company indicating that the data is loading.
- Once the data has loaded the message will change to show the last time the data was refreshed - Joiin will automatically refresh the data every 24 hours.
Now you're ready to run reports against that company. For more information on running, reports see the Running Reports user guide.
You can view your list of companies any time on the Companies page. There you can also:
- Change the period data is imported for - by default Joiin pulls the data from Xero for the previous 3 and next 2 fiscal years - if you want to go back further you can change these settings.
- Manually refresh data from Xero - Joiin will automatically refresh your data every day but if you've updated something in Xero and want to pull in the latest data you can refresh manually.
- Change the order companies appear in the report filters and the Compare by Company view.
View our help video for a step by step guide to onboarding your Xero Companies'.