TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The Chart Widgets
- Chart Details
- Editing Widgets
- Re-arranging Widgets
The Dashboard shows key metrics for your companies in simple-to-view chart widgets. You can choose from a fixed set of metrics and choose whether each one is visible and how it is arranged on the page. You can choose which companies to display metrics for and for which period and also compare against previous periods and budgets.
To view the Dashboard just click on the Dashboard item in the left-hand menu.
The Chart Widgets
Each widget on the Dashboard shows a particular metric in a chart. You can select from the following types of chart:
Single Number display
Displays a single value for the whole period for each selected KPI. Includes a comparison percentage if you have chosen to include a compare option.
Displays data for each month of the selected period in a line chart. A second line will be shown if you have selected a second KPI or a compare option.
Displays data for each month of the selected period in a bar chart. A second bar will be shown if you have selected a second KPI or a compare option.
Displays data for whole period and the compare period/budget in a pie chart. Only available if you have selected a second KPI or a compare option.
Each chart shows a variety of information. By hovering over the chart you can reveal more information. This section explains more, using the line chart as an example.
- The period range is shown along the x-axes.
- Each point represents data for a single month.
- Click on the "i" icon next to the metric name to get a further explanation of what the metric means.
- The blue figure at the top left is the total value over the whole period.
- The smaller grey figure at the top right is the total value over the whole of the comparison period.
- The red or green percentage figure is how much the total value has changed between the two overall figures.
You can move your mouse over the graph to highlight individual points as below.
When you highlight a point:
- The month selected is shown in blue at the top left
- The comparison month is shown in grey at the top right
- The blue figure at the top left changes to show the value for that particular month
- The grey figure at the top right changes to show the value for the comparison month
- The red or green percentage changes to show the percentage change between the two values
You can change what a widget shows by clicking on the configure icon at the top right of the widget frame.
This brings up the widget configuration where you can configure how your widget behaves.
Companies and Groups
To choose which companies or groups you want to show data for, click on the Companies link at the top and select the companies you wish to view. You can see which companies you have currently selected by hovering over the companies link.
TIP: If you're regularly adding and removing companies from Joiin it can be useful to configure your Dashboard using Groups. By adding all the companies you want to see on your dashboard to a Group your dashboard will always reflect the companies you wish. Read more about Groups here.
To choose a different currency click on the Currency link and choose the desired currency.
You can select the period you wish to see the data for. You can choose from a pre-set period as below:
Selecting a pre-set period means the data displayed will change as time moves on. You do not need to change the configuration, the current date will always be reflected in the data displayed.
Alternatively you can set Custom months you wish for the start and end dates:
If you set start and end dates like this, the dates will be fixed to those dates and won't change as time moves on.
You can set the name that appears as the heading of the widget here.
You can select which KPI(s) the widget displays data for. This list is the same as the list of KPIs that are available on the standard KPI report.
NOTE: If you don't see a KPI you need, let us know and we may be able to add it. We will soon be providing a means to add your own customised KPI's to the dashboard.
Here you can select whether the widget includes comparison data. Choosing comparison data means additional chart series or other info is displayed. You can choose from the following:
- None - no comparison is shown
- Budget - actual data is compared to budget data
- Previous Period - current data is compared to data from a previous period - if you select this option you can further choose which period to compare to - see below
If you selected to compare to a previous period, you can also choose which period to compare to. Options are as below.
Here you can choose which chart to display the data on. The available charts will depend on the options you have selected above. The different types are explained above.
You can change the position and size of each widget. To reposition a widget simply drag and drop it to where you want it. To resize a widget grab the bottom right corner with your mouse and resize it. Other widgets will move automatically as you reposition and resize a widget.