It's simple to get up and running with Sage and Joiin.
Joiin currently works with Sage Accounting UK. If you're interested in connecting a different Sage product get in touch and we'd be happy to discuss.
You start by following a few simple steps to connect your Sage Accounting UK businesses to Joiin - once they're connected you don't need to perform this task again - from that point on your data will be refreshed automatically every 24 hours.
- Go to the Companies page.
- Click on Add Company and select Add Sage Company.
- If you're not already logged into Sage you'll be taken to the login page of Sage - login with your Sage account details as you normally do. NOTE if you are already logged into Sage under a different account than the one you want to connect to Joiin then you should first log off from Sage before attempting to connect.
- Once logged in you will see the Sage authorisation screen which shows the Sage businesses you are connecting to. If your Sage ID is associated to more than one business you will connect to all of them and Joiin will create multiple companies to represent each one. To authorise the connection click on the Allow button and you will return to Joiin.
- Your Sage company will be added to the Companies list in Joiin and data synchronisation will begin.
- While the data sync is in progress you will see a message on the company indicating that the Financial data is being loaded. If you have Sales Reporting enabled on your Joiin account there will be an additional step to load the Sales data.
- Once the Financial data has loaded you can start to run Financial reports. The Sales data will continue to load.
- Once it's complete you will see the date of the last refresh.
Now you're ready to run reports against that company. For more information on running reports see the Running Reports user guide.
You can view your list of companies any time on the Companies page. There you can also:
- Change the dates data is imported for - by default Joiin pulls the data from Sage from the beginning of last year - if you want to go back further or include future-dated transactions you can change these settings.
- Manually refresh data from Sage - Joiin will automatically refresh your data every day but if you've updated something in Sage and want to pull in the latest data you can refresh manually.
- Change the order companies appear in in the report filters and the Compare by Company view.